By providing information to us (by any means, whether in a store, in correspondence, via our Website or otherwise) you consent to our use of the information you provide in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy or our practices, please do not use our Services.
Notice at Collection
The following serves as our notice at collection (“Notice”) of personal information in accordance with applicable law. We collect personal information as detailed in this Notice and in this Policy.
We may “sell” or “share” personal information as those terms are defined under applicable law, and as indicated for each relevant category of personal information below. If you would like to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information, you may do so by clicking the Do Not Sell My Information link on the footer of the Website.
We keep personal information as long as reasonably necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep personal information as otherwise required by law. What this means in practice will vary among different types of information and our ongoing business or legal needs for the information, for example in relation to tax, health and safety, and potential or actual disputes or investigations.
We collect the following categories of personal information, including within the prior 12 months:
- Identifiers (including account information): This includes your name, postal address, email address, mobile or other telephone number, username and password if you register an account with us. We may collect information from partners that verify your identity using your mobile device for account log-in purposes. We also may collect content information you provide, including photos and comments, customer service inquiries, and related history that you share with us. This data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
Any Personal Information Described in Subdivision (e) of Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80, including:
- Demographic information. This includes information you provide regarding your personal interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics, experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences. This data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
- Financial Account Information. If you make a purchase from us, we collect payment-related information, depending on the form of payment you choose. This data will not be sold or shared.
- Information You Provide When You Apply for Credit. This includes information you are required to provide when applying for credit, such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and other information needed to assess your credit worthiness and verify your identity, including employment-related information and sensitive personal information, such as your social security number. With the exception of employment-related information and sensitive personal information, this data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
- Information You Provide about a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication from the Services, such as sending an invitation to a friend, the information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication. This data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
- Information You Provide through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your social media account through the Services. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services. This may include name, user name, demographic information, protected classifications under California or federal law, education information, professional or employment-related information, updated postal address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. With the exception of protected classifications under Florida or federal law, education information, and professional or employment-related information, this data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law: This includes your age, gender, and marital status. This data will not be sold or shared.
- Commercial Information: This includes purchase, return, wish list and transaction information, as well as media consumption, previous purchases, shopping habits, loyalty program information, and lifestyle preferences. This data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity Information (including usage and technical information): This includes information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”), unique device identifier, device characteristics, system settings and preferences, search queries, referring URLs, and the time and date of your usage. We also collect and store information about your preferences, how you interact with our Services, and how you interact with emails that we send to you. We may link certain data elements we have collected, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you. This data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
- Geolocation Data: This includes information about the location of the devices used to access the Services (“Location Data”). Location Data includes: (a) the location of the mobile device or tablet derived from GPS or WiFi use; (b) the IP address of the mobile device or tablet or internet service used to access the Services; and (c) other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user, such as geotag information in photographs. This data will be sold or shared.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information: This includes such information when you use our Service’s virtual try-on features. In addition, we may collect information in relation to your interactions with our virtual jewelry consultants and, at select retail locations, information derived from your mobile device that we deidentify and aggregate for “heat mapping” to help us understand how users interact with our stores. This data will be sold or shared as described in more detail in our Policy.
- Professional Employment-related Information: This includes information you provide regarding your professional interests, occupation, and income. This data will not be sold or shared.
- Education Information: This includes information you provide in relation to your education. This data will not be sold or shared.
- Inferences Drawn from the Above: We collect profile inferences that we draw from your information and web activity to create a personalized profile so we can better identify goods and services that may be of interest to you. This data will be sold or shared.
- Sensitive Personal Information: This includes information needed to assess your credit worthiness and verify your identity, such as your social security number. We require this information to process your application. Moreover, we collect information relating to your racial origin, religion, and sexual orientation. This data will not be sold or shared.
We may use the personal information that we collect for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To provide the Services to you;
- To process and track orders and otherwise fulfill your requests;
- To respond to comments, questions, or concerns;
- To prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To alert you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion, or advertisement;
- To verify and validate your identity to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may also use the personal information we collect for the following commercial purposes:
- To improve or develop new services and product offerings, including for warranty usage;
- To identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product;
- To customize or personalize your shopping experience;
- To validate or update the information we collect from or about you;
- To conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- To enroll you in loyalty or other programs, and enter you into sweepstakes and promotions or contact you regarding a contest prize;
- To notify you of changes to our Services or any products or services we offer; and
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
- We may also use information you provide to us for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
1. Sources of Information We Collect
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “personal information.”
There are several ways we may obtain personal information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information that we automatically collect; and (C) information we receive from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information associated with the device you use online). For further information on the personal information we collect, please refer to the Notice at Collection above.
A. Information You Provide
We collect personal information about you, as described in the Notice at Collection above, via the Services, including online, offline, at our retail locations and by telephone.
B. Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit our online Services, we and our third-party advertisers and service providers (see Section 2.B below for more detail), may use a variety of technologies such as cookies and similar technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about your online activity.
We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you for the purposes described in the Notice at Collection above, and to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. While you can change your cookies settings in your browser, without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
C. Information Collected From Third-Party Sources
We collect information about you from ad networks, data companies, data brokers, and other third-party sources with whom you may not have a direct relationship, and that help us provide ads and services that that target your interests. The information collected includes, for example, your demographic information, media consumption, previous purchases, shopping habits, loyalty program information, lifestyle preferences, or information to validate or update the information we collect from or about you.
D. Aggregate or Deidentified Information
We may aggregate or deidentify any personal information we collect. We may share the aggregated or deidentified information with our business partners and service providers, and we may use such information for our own purposes. We will maintain and use deidentified information in deidentified form, and will not attempt to re-identify that information.
2. Information We Disclose
A. Disclosure of Information by You
We offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content, including by filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products or services, inquiring about or purchasing products or services, participation in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” our content to your social media accounts .
Any information you disclose on publicly-facing areas of our Services or on other third-party websites becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
B. Disclosure of Information by Us
We have sold or shared the categories of personal information identified in the Notice at Collection above:
- With vendors and advertising partners who help us reach you with ads that are tailored to your interests, as described under “Interest-Based Advertising Choices” below.
- With analytics partners, who help us understand your use of our Services.
- With our family of companies, such as our various brands identified at the outset of this Policy, and our other affiliated companies. We share personal information within this family of companies for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
- With partners who help provide a better customer site experience.
- To partners in co-branded relationships such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
We disclose personal information:
- To service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including fulfilling and shipping orders), help us operate the Services, or administer activities on our behalf.
In addition, we may aggregate or deidentify personal information and use or disclose the aggregated/deidentified information for marketing, analytics, and other purposes.
Finally, we may disclose personal information in connection with the sale, transfer, acquisition, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change or ownership or control by Signet or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part). When one of these events occurs, we will use reasonable efforts to require the recipient to use personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
3. Interest-Based Advertising Choices
We may collect information about your use of the Services to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served. You may see our ads on other websites or apps because we use third-party ad networks to serve our ads.
The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve our advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Website and other online Services, and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of the use of your information for such advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You can also control how some information is collected through your browser or mobile device. You can adjust your browser settings to limit or block certain cookies, but this may prevent us from storing your preferences and may make some features of the Services inoperable. Refer to your browser’s help menu for further details. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. You may need to set these preferences on each browser or device you use.
4. Other Choices About the Use of Your Personal Information
Mailing Lists. You can unsubscribe from receiving our emails by following the “Unsubscribe” link provided in our emails. If you receive marketing communications from one or more brands or affiliates, you should opt-out individually from each of the affiliates from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications. Opting out of communications does not affect our communication with you via telephone or email regarding your orders or other sales or service transactions.
5. How We Protect Personal Information
We use technical, administrative, and procedural measures to help protect your personal information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
6. Children’s Privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Services are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian please contact us, and we will take reasonable steps to delete personal information provided by the child. We do not knowingly collect or sell the information of anyone under 16 years of age.
7. Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. At this time, the Websites do not respond to web browser “do not track” requests or similar signals that users may employ.
Individuals can opt out of processing for profiling and targeted advertising purposes by emailing Info@crownedandco.com. Crowned & Co will honor individuals’ opt-out preferences.
8. Links to Third Party Sites and Services
9. Retention of Personal Information
We keep personal information as long as reasonably necessary or relevant to achieve the purpose described in this Policy. We also keep personal information as otherwise required by law. What this means in practice will vary between different types of information, and when we consider our approach we take into account ongoing business or legal needs for the information, for example in relation to tax, health and safety, and potential or actual disputes or investigations.
10. Your State-Specific Privacy Rights
If you are a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, or Utah resident, you may take advantage of the following privacy rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to delete personal information that we have collected from you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we may maintain about you, subject to appropriate verification.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information: You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information, as such terms are defined under state privacy law. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not sell or share your personal information with such third parties to use for their purposes, including cross-context behavioral advertising, unless you later direct us to do so.
- Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising: You have the right to opt-out of targeted advertising. Opting out does not mean that you will stop receiving ads, it just means that those ads will not be targeted based on your personal information.
- Right to Appeal: If we deny your request, and you wish to appeal, you may appeal our decision.
Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: To the extent that we collect, use, or share “sensitive personal information” as that term is defined under applicable law, we limit our use or disclosure of the sensitive personal information for permitted business purposes.
How to Submit a Request
To take advantage of your rights, please contact us by email at Info@crownedandco.com, by phone at 1-866-395-7102.
We may request certain information about your interactions with Crowned & Co to verify your identity before we can respond to your access, deletion, correction, or portability requests. Signet will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
To take advantage of your right to opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information or to opt out of targeted advertising, please click on the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link on our Website footer or email us at Info@crownedandco.com. We will work to comply with your opt-out request within 15 business days. You may also use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt out on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent signed written permission to do so.
Nevada residents may use the email address above to submit a verified request to direct us to stop the sale of your covered information.
We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights.
You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. Signet retains the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
11. Locations; Data Transfers
Crowned & Co is based in the United States. This Website and our other online Services are intended for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website, online Services or any of the contents thereof are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website or online Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website or online Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your sole risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
12. Modifications to this Policy
Crowned & Co brands may offer Rewards Programs. If you choose to participate in a Rewards Program, we will provide certain benefits, such as discounts and rewards for your purchases. We will also ask you to provide personal information, such as your name, phone number, and email address, when you sign up for the Rewards Program. We use this information in connection with our provision of free or discounted products and services. As a result, our Rewards Programs may constitute a “financial incentive” under Florida law. The value we derive from collecting personal information through Rewards Programs is related to the value of benefits we provide Vault Rewards Program participants, minus the costs of administering the programs.
You can withdraw from a Rewards Programs at any time after you join. Please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-866-395-7102.
15. How to Contact Us